Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Chelsea

Some of you may be wondering why I chose to post a photo of a store last week. There are several reasons. First, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I don’t (can’t) get out much and so far haven’t taken any exciting photos. Second, I liked the sign – or at least the sentiment. Third, this store is amazing. Cheetoes, Oreos, even Tabasco sauce is sold here. It’s got a better selection than any store I’ve seen in Eastern Europe (my usual stomping grounds) and this, frankly, surprises me.

However, these products are deceptive. Some are out and out forgeries. Others… Let’s just say that Oreos made in Hong Kong have little in common with those made in the good old US of A. They taste more like wheat biscuits with dark brown food coloring. Mind you, I’m not complaining. They’re round and have cream-flavored lard inside, and I’m thrilled to bits to have them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters